Wildflower Sowing InstructionsLearn more about our bee friendly wildflower seeds and how to plant them effectively...
Welcome to the Bee-friendly, Wildflower section of our website.
Thank you for purchasing our seeds which are produced in Ireland in an ethically and environmentally friendly way. We are delighted that you have decided to help us help children and families in Nepal and in doing so safeguarding our own local endangered wildflower and bee populations.
Bees and wildflowers are important everywhere but especially so in Simthali, Nepal where we grow our organic produce. Here the farming community realise this and have the utmost respect for the Bees and what they do. Each house has a very simple homemade hive made from a hollowed log with a hole drilled in it and the ends sealed up with mud. Simple but highly effective.
Seed information and planting instructions.
Irish Wildflower Conservation Grade Seed Mixture:
Range: Wild Flower Mixtures (Code GF)
Product Name: All-Ireland Pollinator Plan Wildflower Mixture (Tolerates partial-shade) Product Code: GF03
● These wildflower seeds will attract butterfly, native bee, bumblebees and other beneficial garden insects.
● Hoverflies are abundant in the first year. If required for honey bees cut this mixture in summer, after each flower flush, cut every 4 to 6 weeks.
● Cut no lower than 4 inches and some species will flower again. Don’t let flowers go to seed if solely for honey bees. GF03 is one of the best butterfly-attracting wildflower seed mixtures.
● GF03 Wildflowers can be planted as a meadow or in a bed, ideally, it is best planted in an open situation where the butterflies will bask in the sun. Tolerates shade, but best in full sun.
● GF03 is a special mixture for any normal soil, moist or dry. But will perform best where there is some soil/moisture retention, where the soil doesn’t dry out too fast and soils that are not overly acid or alkaline. GF03 is not intended to be sown on very wet soil.
● Mixture Specifications: pH range: Suits all soils. more to the moist range.
Life Cycle: Contains Cornfield Annuals, Perennials and Biennials.
Height Range: 40cm – 160cm
Flowering Period: May to September.
Fertility Range: Will grow on any soil, the less fertile the soil, the less cutting required.
Species List Included In Your Pack
Birdsfoot Trefoil, Black Meddick, Cowslip, Devil’s Bit Scabious, Meadow Buttercup, Field Scabious, Hemp Agrimony, Kidney Vetch, Lady’s Bedstraw, Lady’s Ann lace, Lesser Knapweed, Meadowsweet, Mullein, Ox-eye Daisy, Purple Loosestrife, Ragged Robin, Red Campion, Red Clover, Ribwort Plantain, Rough Hawksbit, Sorrel, St Johnswort, Wild Angelica, Wild Carrot, Yarrow, Yellow Agrimony, Yellow Rattle, Teasel and more.
Also includes 35% annuals: Corn Marigold, Corn Poppy, Corncockle, Cornflower, Scented Mayweed,
The seed pack is bio degradable including plastic holder for seeds.
Seed Sowing Rates:
Pure wildflowers – no grass, 1.0 grams per metre.
Added grass seed: 1.0 grams per metre (depending on grass species).
And dont forget, whenever possible BEE AWARE!
Try to use fewer chemicals or NO CHEMICALS in your garden.
Cut your lawn later to allow flowers to bloom
Don’t cut dandelions buttercups
Learn about bee and insect conservation.